Monday, January 12, 2009

Focus For 2009 & Ahead!

Welcome to 2009! Great to have you on board for the trip.

This year I plan to focus on bringing you many more posts and indepth insight into my trading style, personality, concerns and stresses as well as triumphs and tribulations!

I am lookign to focus on the following instruments in 2009:

  • ALSI40 - South African top 40 index using Spread tradin instrument
  • Certain shares within the top 40 of the South African local market with a focus on the RESI sector (Resources, mining)
  • Forex trading - looking at EU/$ over 4 hours and daily chart

So, if you have any questions on any of these give me a shout! I have noticed that the JSE-All Share index has made higher lows as well as break up through the 89 day moving average. This could be a signifcant event for our local market in the short term as it suggests a possible bullish rally after a short test of the 89 simple moving average ("SMA").

This event could trigger a bullish rally for the first quarter of 2009. Which means I could be finding myself in the equity market again on my first choice stock watch list. I did unfortunately miss some very profitable entries over the December period while taking a break... But such is trading. Besides, for the equity market I prefer to buy and hold so my timing needs to be in tune with the economy to a certain extent fundamentally speaking.

For the long term investments I certainly consider the economic cycle as well as global fundamentals before making a decision to enter a trade. On the short term trading side of my business, I focus less on the fundamentals and more on the technical analysis.

My aim tin 2009 is to describe my findings, experiences and outlook on the markets as a whole and then pin point certain trades I take and then elaborate on why I took them!

Come join me on a branch of the Trading Money Tree!



Financial & Investment Workshops, ebooks & financial freedom @ www.newsweek.co.za

No comments: